Monday, August 18, 2008

NOW I KNOW WHY SUPERMAN FLIES!

Because moving 2,000 miles in a moving van sucks! Let me just say that if Megan and I move back to Washington State we are not moving ourselves!

Here's the story. Last Monday morning my father and I went to get the moving truck from Budget in Moscow (highly recommend by the way). When I was quoted on the phone, this nice lady said to me that it would be $1,450 for the moving van. I was figurin' that, however what came next was the best surprise of all. She says to me, "My quote was a bit off and the truck is going to be a little less than I told you." A little less, I am think $20 bucks...try $600! Hello! I didn't know what to think - it was just so awesome. So anyway, we got the truck loaded around 11:30 a.m. and than I made a trip to the CUB. I had been waiting 3 years so I figured that I better go get some Coug gear and see the new CUB because I wasn't sure when I would ever get back to Pullman. So 2 hours later my father and I finally left Pullman for Midland, Texas.

REST OF THE TRIP IN BULLETS:
-Pullman to Boise, 320 miles, 8 hours - OUCH!
-Gas, $144.57
-Boise to Provo, 370 miles, 9 hours - YUCK!
-Gas, $170.29
-SLEEP: 2 hours - WHAT!
-Provo to Cortez, Colorado, 350, 7 hours - WHAT WAS I THINKIN'!
-Gas, $150.00
-Cortez, Colorado to Vaughn, New Mexico, 320 - ARE WE THERE YET!
-Gas, $170.00
-Vaughn, Nex Mexico to Seminole, Texas, 230 miles - STOP!
-SLEEP: 3 1/2 hours - WHAT A NIGHTMARE!
-Seminole, Texas to Midland, 75 miles - END TRIP=)!
-Gas, $125.00

MILES: 1635
HOURS: 36
TIME ZONES: 2
GAS: $759.86
TIMES HAVING TO REPEAT MYSELF TO DAD: 1,278,875,471

Thanks everyone for your help!

7 comments:

Child of God said...

What a nightmare. Hopefully Megan and the kids dont have to make that trip driving. I would go crazy after the first 5 hours. Glad everything worked out for you guys. Good luck.

Crystal said...

Good to hear you guys made it ok. I know how it feels having to repeat myself to a parent. My mom was here for three days. You should check out my blog and see what I did to Wyatt's car. I think you'll like it.

Chapman family said...

Why don't you cry about it... saddlebags...

I had to go 2,804 miles from WA to NY in four days... with nobody else to help drive.

And then, two-and-half years later, 2,724 miles from NC to WA... with two kids... in two separate vehicles... and no adult company... and no drive-sharing.

Glad to hear you made it. You're a loanstar man now!!!

Anonymous said...

Very funny son! Could you please repeat that?
It was an interesting trip and I enjoyed the time with Ryan.
All I can say about Midland is that it is flat and hot. Saturday morning we were treated to a nice rain storm and lots of thunder. It felt good but I'm glad I was not there when the sun came out again.
Oh, one other thing the people there are very nice and very helpful. This should be a good experence for Ryan, Megan and the kids.

The Yancey Family said...

I love the breakdown! Good luck to you guys, we will miss you!

The Bott Family said...

Now, Megan and the kids are flying right??? Wow, I'm sorry. I can totally feel for you for the trip to Boise, then to Utah from Pullman. We drive that too many times. Flying is much better. But the rest of the way sounds so horific. All I can say is that I hope you are loving Texas! Go Cowboys right.
We were sad to return to Pullman and not have you guys below us. Good luck and you guys will be missed.

NicKim Family said...

I'm sure this was more fun to read then actually experience! We would love to see pictures when you start to get settled!