Thursday, March 27, 2008

No Shame in losing to UNC

Let me give you a couple of numbers. 16, the number of 3-point shots attempted by WSU. 2, the number of 3-point shots made by WSU. Another number 31, Wazzu's shooting percentage. What about this one, 11-44, the combined shooting of Rochestie, Low, Weaver, and Cowgill. Bottom line, the Cougs simply shot poorly - they had great shots for most of the night but nothing could break through that invisable barrier. The bottom-bottom line - North Carolina is one amazing team! Congrats to the Cougs for advancing to the Sweet 16. I am grateful to have been apart of it as one of your biggest fans. [I am having problems breaking this up into paragraphs and it is making me very mad - I am sorry.] Before I finish I do want to give you a few more numbers. 1,500, number in attendence at my first WSU basketball game in 2001. 9,200, average attendence in 2007-2008. 1, number of PAC-10 wins in 2001-2002 season. 24, number of PAC-10 wins in the past 2 seasons. My-oh-my how things that changed. Next year Tony Bennett has his best recruiting class tripping to Pullman, 5 - fabulous freshman to be exact. In a word, they are "scary" good! And all this talk about Bennett leaving is pre-mature - he ain't leavin' Pullman - not yet. So the future looks promising - I look forward to seeing what is in store for the WSU basketball team.

No comments: